PAE, Inc PC Support Technician II in Bahamas, Bahamas, The
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PC Support Technician II
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.This position is responsible for MS Windows PC support in an enterprise environment. Responsibilities also include compliance with DoD Information Assurance mandates and installing and maintaining PC peripherals, such as printers and scanners. 24 hour, on-call support is also required on a periodic basis for the AUTEC project.Responsibilities:• Applying time-critical security patches on a frequent and regular basis
• Providing 24-hour, on-call technical support for critical operations, on rotation
• Managing hard drive encryption software via server interface as well as through desktop support
• Assist with hard drive image backup and deployment using WDS and SCCM
• Provide help desk support
• Assist with PC setups and deployments
• Install and document approved software and peripherals
• Assist with troubleshooting and repair of PCs, printers, and scanners, etc…
• Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
• Provide additional assistance as needed to support requirements and directives
• Performs other duties as assignedQualifications:• Associate's degree in a related field or equivalent preferred.
• Three to five years of experience in help desk support and computer maintenance.
• CompTIA Security+ CE and MS Windows 10 Certification (Exam 70-697) required.
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong technical skills with Windows 10
• Proficient with Office 2013
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with networking basics
• Prior use of a help desk ticket tracking system, preferably Numara Track-It
• Prior use of hard drive imaging software, preferably Microsoft WDS
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion
• Ability to effectively research problems and determine solutions
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• DoD Information Assurance compliance is preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory is preferred
• Hard drive encryption software is preferred
• Prior experience with SCCM is preferred
• Technical knowledge of client security software/hardware, such as anti-virus, host-based intrusion prevention, and smartcard readers is preferred
• This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.
• Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
• A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.