PAE, Inc Plumber in Iraq – Baghdad, United States
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Plumber will be based at one of four locations in Iraq and will be associated with the Operations & Maintenance section. This position will report to the Plumber Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
D U TI E S:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and
· Assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
· Study building plans and working drawings to determine required work tools and equipment, and sequence of installation.
· Assemble and install valves, pipe fittings, and pipes made from metals or non-metals.
· Join pipe using screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints.
· Fill pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to ensure system is not leaking.
· Install and repair plumbing fixtures, sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
· Repair and maintain plumbing by replacing washers, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
· May perform welding.
· Maintain pool equipment including sand filters, pumps and accessory equipment, chemical feed pumps, tubing and control system.
Willingness and ability to deploy to Iraq for extended periods is required. Position may be located in a war zone in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums.
Must possess satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health and security measures.
R E Q U I R E D :
· Min i m u m A c c e pta b le Ex p e r i e n c e L e v e l: Three (3) years’ compatible plumbing experience at a Journeyman level, in an overseas environment.
· Kn o w l e dg e , S k i l ls, a n d Abi l it i e s :
o Experience performing quality repair or replacement of: plumbing fixtures, water tanks, faucets, potable and waste water pumps, and shower stalls; interpreting blueprints, drawings and other specifications for plumbing equipment.
o Ability to work effectively with multi-national staff and demanding customers.
· E d u c a t i o n : A high school diploma or GED. Vocational diploma in plumbing or completion of an Apprentice program.
· L i ce n s e s a n d Cer t ifi c a tio n s:
o Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
o Journeyman certificate can be used in lieu of vocational diploma.
· Se c u r i ty V e t t i ng: Already possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to
obtain a favorable MRPT certification prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification level for the duration of the
· L an g ua g e S k i l ls: Oral and written English communication skills.
· C itizens h i p : US Citizenship is not required.
· Me d i c al: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
DE S IR ED :
· Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
· Experience working with PAE.
OT H E R KN O W L E D GE , SK I LL S A ND AB I L ITIE S:
· Knowledge of all principles and processes involved in supporting plumbing functions at an overseas facility.
· Experience providing excellent customer services.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
· Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
· Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Complete our survey to help us find more candidates like you! Click HERE at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2XWFFF