PAE, Inc Heavy Equipment Operator (Crane) in Baghdad, Iraq
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Heavy Equipment Operator (Crane)
The Heavy Equipment Operator, Crane operates a variety of cranes and construction heavy equipment. Equipment is used to excavate, load or move dirt, gravel or other materials. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This is position is based in Iraq.
Operator may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans
Determines safe lift parameters and follows established procedures.
Performs safety inspection of crane, heavy equipment, wire rope, hooks, slings and rigging as required
Documents inspections as required
May grease, adjust and make emergency repairs to equipment
Operates cranes for building construction and movement of cargo or equipment
Operates construction heavy equipment such as dozers, loaders and graders, for snow removal, station operations and construction.
Lubricates, checks fluids, and performs safety inspection and minor maintenance as required prior to operation of any equipment.
Arranges equipment maintenance according to manufacturer recommendations or as directed by the Vehicle Maintenance Facility (but around planned lifts when possible)
Informs job site person in charge of impending maintenance schedules.
Supports the achievement of metrics, whether metrics are directly or indirectly affected by this position’s work activities.
Complies with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
Implements and maintains a safe workplace program and ensures that safety is the highest priority in the workplace
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
A high school diploma or equivalent
State License or Certification from home state or accredited issuing agency (specifically NCCCO Certified)
Must have 5+ years of experience as a crane operator
Must be able to operate any equipment typically used in any of the locations
Must be a certified crane operator
Must be able to distribute work according to priorities and take advantage of the abilities of all who work under this position
Security Vetting: Must possess an active DOD or DOS Secret security clearance, and maintaining eligibility for the duration of the contract
Language Skills: Professional English communication skills, both oral and written
Citizenship: US Citizenship is required for this position
Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination
Relevant overseas electrical experience
Experience working with PAE
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in operating cranes at an overseas facility
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective
Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team
Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information
· Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
· Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
· Willingness and ability to deploy to Iraq for extended periods is required. Position may be located in a war zone in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
· Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
· Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
· Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums.
· Must possess satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health and security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.