PAE, Inc Helicopter Mechanic I (Airframes) in CFT North Island, California
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Helicopter Mechanic I (Airframes)
The Airframes Mechanic I troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, and hydraulic systems.
1) Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures, such as blades and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, rivet gun, and drills.
2) Read and interpret manufacturer and maintenance manuals, OPNAV 4790, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
3) Perform 200-hour, progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
4) Adjust, repair, airframes/structural, landing gear blades, hydraulic/pneumatic, and mechanical flight controls.
5) Perform preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including hydraulic servicing, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, checking brakes, and corrosion prevention of aircraft.
6) Supervise and participate in the jacking and towing of aircraft.
7) Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
8) May service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
9) May specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies, and airframes repair.
10) Additional duties include:
· Housekeeping of all areas of work including shop; participate in FOD program.
· Obtain Collateral Duty Inspector or Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative qualification.
· Comply with all safety requirements.
· Handling and disposing of Hazmat.
· Obtain all support equipment licenses for job description.
· Participate and qualify in Aviation gas free program.
11) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum three (3) years of actual and recent O level H-60S/R/F/H Aircraft Maintenance experience is required or equivalent rotary aircraft experience.
Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) or Rapid Gate Pass.
Prior experience with U.S. Naval repair maintenance operations on military aircraft highly preferred.
Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close spaces and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud or unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
Safety - PAE enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the PAE Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable PAE Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.