PAE, Inc Helicopter Mechanic I (Corrosion Control) in CFT North Island, California
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Helicopter Mechanic I (Corrosion Control)
The Corrosion Mechanic I performs, progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
1) Job duties require that this mechanic perform all corrosion inspections and maintenance assigned by the applicable MRC’s, corrosion prevention, corrosion treatment IAW applicable directives to include repainting the surface on the activities aircraft.
2) The mechanic will provide Emergency Reclamation services per the contract Performance Work Statement.
3) The mechanic will check all tools and other foreign object that could put the aircraft at risk.
4) The mechanic will provide corrosion services multiple times a day each day on the same aircraft as the flight schedule and aircraft conditions dictate.
5) The mechanic will be required to obtain a respirator qualification and in some cases, have a paint and final finish qualification.
6) This mechanic will make all markings for assigned aircraft.
7) Additional duties include:
· Housekeeping of all areas of work including shop; participate in FOD program.
· Obtain Collateral Duty Inspector qualification.
· Comply with all safety requirements.
· Handling and disposing of Hazmat.
· Obtain all support equipment licenses for job description.
· Paint required IMRL support gear as required.
8) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum three (3) years of actual and recent O level Aviation Maintenance in Corrosion operations on H-60’s is required or equivalent rotary aircraft experience.
Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC).
Prior experience with U.S. Naval repair maintenance operations on military aircraft highly preferred.
Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks. Regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tight areas. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-50 pounds and exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high places; and outside weather conditions.
Safety – PAE enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the PAE Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable PAE Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.