PAE, Inc Network Engineer in Forest Park, Georgia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE is seeking a Network Engineer to support customers in Fort Gillem, GA
May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· The Network Engineer shall prosecute the day-to-day networking operations of the Defense Forensic Science Center (DFSC)-managed LAN and the Forensic Exploitation Directorate / Global Forensic Exploitation Center (FXD / GFXC) to include network administration, network management and maintenance of the hardware, software, and communications of the entire Expeditionary Forensic Laboratory (EFL) Network. This includes technical controls over the network, access to the infrastructure communication backbone, and network wide user support. Develops reviews, and evaluates technical standards and conventions utilized to support the entire infrastructure of the EFL network. Standards and conventions must ensure continuity of operations across the FXD forward deployed elements. Assist the government in the installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers, switches, and computers along with all associated peripherals and software. The systems shall be maintained to conform to local and DoD security and IA policies (ex. Patching and STIG implementation).
· Establishes and maintains the operation of the EFL network throughout the organization and establishes and maintains a management program for the static and dynamic IP address space throughout the organizations network arena using Transmission Control Protocols / Internet Protocols (TCP/IP), GSOIP, OSI, NETBUI, and other network protocols. Maintains Access Control Lists in supported devices to restrict network access to designated systems. Troubleshoots detected and reported network connectivity and computer operation problems at all levels and initiates remedial action, reconfiguration of client workstation or software, replacement of other hardware items, and establishing temporary network connections. Responsible for the daily operation, integration, and management of the FXD managed systems and unique forensic applications and analysis to facilitate investigative techniques, processes, and protocols.
· The Network Engineer shall assist the government with all administrative tasks associated with the operations of the Expeditionary Forensic Laboratory Network.
· Five (5) years of experience which includes two (2) years of experience in the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer components and networking hardware.
· Experience should also include installing, operating, and maintaining computer processors, displays, and input/output devices and associated hardware interfaces. Knowledge of Cisco switches, routers and firewalls.
· Experience in writing technical documentation.
· DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level II certification.
· Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification.
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certifications are preferred.
· Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
· Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.