PAE, Inc BAS Technician in Kabul, Afghanistan
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Reports to: BAS Systems Supervisor
Performance Location: The individual filling this position will be supporting PAE on a contract for the US Department of State and working at the US Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan. Periodic travel with extended overnight stays may be required while working on projects at other locations in Afghanistan. Percentage of travel will vary significantly but on average is expected to be less than 10% of the total time.
Working Environment: The candidate will work in a traditional office setting as well as construction and maintenance sites including exposure to the dangers inherent with traveling to and working on such sites.
Work Schedule: This position works ten hours/day six days a week minimum. The candidate participates in a duty phone rotation and must be willing to quickly respond to emergencies and contingencies as they occur to ensure the continued 24/7 operations of the facilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors the Building Automation System (BAS) which controls all mechanical systems including continuous monitoring of AHU control parameters, VAV boxes, equipment scheduling and operations.
• Checks the panels daily and provides on-call service 24/7 for problems or emergencies
• Stays in constant radio communication with field staff to ensure optimum functioning of all systems
• Maintains and repairs BAS modules, panels, components and fiber optic lines
• Performs calibrations and repairs on all BAS devices
• Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, and any other administrative duties required for the BAS Systems.
• Ensure acceptable levels of service at all times, including support for short-notice projects
• Perform established tasks and follow standards of conduct and performance in the work environment
• Inspecting and auditing in-process and completed work, to ensure work meets SOW and quality standards
• Plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks under austere conditions, to perform job functions in an orderly manner
• Maintains secure BAS documentation in a neat and professional manner
• Additional tasks and special projects as assigned
Minimum Acceptable Experience and Qualification Levels: The BAS Technician shall have the following experience for this position:
• Knowledge in the discipline of operations and maintenance projects in an austere international environment is preferred.
• Five (5) years' experience in Operations and Maintenance of building computer and microprocessor controlled systems. Two (2) years of which must have been spent working in direct maintenance with Siemens or Honeywell BAS systems
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience working in direct maintenance on BAS systems in large modern commercial or government office buildings.
• Experience working with U.S. building, trade, construction, fire and safety codes and standards are highly desirable
• Ability to work effectively around multi-cultural workforce.
• Must have good organizational and communication skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Ability to collect, analyze and summarize data and prepare daily reports.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information
• High school diploma or GED required.
Licenses & Certifications:
• Technical Degree or Journeyman's license in HVAC, Direct Digital Control Systems
• Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate with employees, management and the client.
Citizenship: US Citizenship is required for this position.
Clearance: Must have a Top Secret security clearance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.