PAE, Inc Water/ Waste Water Supervisor in Kabul, Afghanistan
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Water/ Waste Water Supervisor
Reports to: PAE-Camp Sullivan O&M Management
Performance Locatio n : The individual filling this position will be supporting PAE on a contract for the US Department of State and working at Camp Sullivan in Kabul, Afghanistan. Periodic travel with extended overnight stays may be required while working on projects at the US Embassy and other locations in Afghanistan. Percentage of travel will vary significantly but on average is expected to be less than
20% of the total time.
Working Environment: The candidate will work in a traditional office setting as well as on construction and maintenance sites including exposure to the dangers inherent with working on and traveling to such sites.
Work Schedule: This position works Ten hours/day six days a week minimum. The Water/ waste Water Treatment Supervisor is on call 24/7, participates in a duty phone rotation and must be able to quickly respond to afterhours issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Water WasteWater Treatment Supervisor will perform work required for the operation, maintenance, repair, installation, and modernization of water/waste water treatment systems for buildings and grounds on a multi building campus including:
• Provides leadership and oversight for all aspects of operations and maintenance for the AEK water and waste water treatment systems (WWTS) including multiple water treatment systems, raw water wells and chemical feed systems.
• Directs and coordinates activities of the Camp Sullivan WWTS team to meet goals in terms of performance, objectives/standards, service delivery, quality, and customer satisfaction.
• Prepares project specific plans, long range work schedules and delegates specific duties to subordinates.
• Manages WWTS related aspects of general and specialized maintenance, repairs and related small construction projects.
• Manages a team of 4 to 8 multi-national WWTS technicians and provides supervision, training and development for assigned team.
• Inspects work performed by tradesmen to ensure it meets contract requirements, specifications, codes and established industry standards.
• Manages, operates and maintains water well systems and related controls.
• Controls treatment plant equipment to purify and clarify water for domestic consumption in accordance with SHEM, WHO and EPA guidelines for potable water systems.
• Maintains multiple black and grey water holding tanks.
• Works directly with waste water subcontractors, coordinating pick up schedules and compliance.
• Independently operates, inspects, maintains and repairs reverse osmosis water purification units (ROWPU).
• Collects water samples from various locations, records data for regulatory reports and adjusts chemical feed rates as required for compliance and process control.
• Maintains and calibrates monitoring, testing and treatment equipment as required.
• Reviews WWTS related work orders and work order reports to ensure work is completed on-time.
• Conducts inventory of current stock and orders materials to ensure \NWTS
related supplies and equipment are available in adequate amounts.
• Evaluates employee performance and recommends personnel actions such as salary increases, dismissal or promotion.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum A cceptable Experience and Qualification Levels:
The Water Wastewater Supervisor shall have the following experience for this position:
• Five years' experience operating potable water treatment plant(s) for a large multi building complex.
• Five years' experience operating waste water treatment plant(s) on a large multi building complex.
• Five years' experience and a solid working knowledge of water collection, testing, analysis and reporting in accordance with SHEM, WHO and EPA guidelines for domestic potable and waste water treatment systems.
• Three years' supervisory experience in an OCONUS environment with a multi
national workforce is preferred.
• Five years' experience with hands on knowledge as required to operate
Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Units of 60K Gal/Day capacity or larger and waste water treatment plants of 75K Gal/Day or larger is mandatory.
• Three years' experience in a supervisory role for a municipal water/wastewater treatment facility is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of the techniques, equipment and materials used in the maintenance and repair of water/wastewater treatment equipment and systems.
• The ideal candidate will have formal training in Water and Waste Water
• High school diploma or GED is required.
Language Req u irement:
• Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate with employees, management and the client.
Licenses and Certifications:
• Certification/License as a State Biological Wastewater Treatment and Water
Treatment Operator is preferred.
• Minimum of a class B Water Distribution license
• Minimum of a class B Waste Water Treatment License
C itizenship: US Citizenship is required for this position.
C learance: Must have an active Secret security clearance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.