PAE, Inc Aviation Logs and Records (AZ) Technician in Key West, Florida
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Logs and Records (AZ) Technician
· The Logs and Records Technician is responsible for the upkeep, accurate data entry in all files and logbooks associated with the Logs and Records Department, data input into designated customer databases to update aircraft/engine information, providing reports/information to maintenance/logistics/customer personnel as required and the establishment of all other files normally associated with aircraft maintenance Logs and Records Departments.
· Must be customer oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Shall have a working knowledge of automated data processing equipment.
· Must have an in-depth working knowledge of Navy directive system. Naval correspondence format and procedures as related to aviation maintenance, handling of classified correspondence, materials, and equipment.
· Meet all requirements of the CNAFINST 4790.2 to perform Logs and Records and Database Analysis.
· Must be thoroughly familiar with procedures and files required for the operation of a records and reports section, including aircraft logs and records.
· Maintain historical data, records, individual files and logbooks pertinent to aircraft, support equipment, engines, and other designated equipment.
· Provides qualitative and quantitative analytical information to the Maintenance Management allowing a continuous review of the management practices within the Adversary F-5 Program.
· Prepares AIRs, W&B Handbook, current contents of the ADB, current contents of the aircraft inspection, TD compliance, aircraft general, or electronic history files.
· Requires the ability to perform data input and maintenance of aircraft maintenance records and historical files in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series and NAVAIR contractual requirements to provide accurate aircraft inventories and configurations, and scheduled maintenance information.
· Performs administrative functions for Transfer of Naval Aircraft.
· Prepares reports for management as directed.
· Processes readiness documents, administers/monitors the aircraft configuration status accounting program.
· Verifies aircraft utilization reports.
· Monitors/performs, if qualified, aircraft weight and balance and inventory data for accuracy.
· Provides information as required for Quality Assurance monitoring programs.
· Assists in preparation of Monthly Maintenance plan.
· Maintains maintenance and aircraft related files of correspondence, directives and records, for aircraft, engine and propeller logbooks.
· Maintains all FCFs records
· Maintains a facsimile of the current Aircraft Record "A" Card (OPNAV 5442/9).
· Maintains previous and current Hydraulic Contamination Control Trend Analysis Charts.
· Screen all TDs for application to assigned aircraft/engines and related equipment.
· Possess the ability to write clearly and legibly and possess good communication skills.
· Must be able to deal courteously with military and company personnel.
· Must be able to work day shift, night shift or weekend duty and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team or detachment as required.
· Will have experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
· Perform other tasks as directed by management.
· Performs daily duties normally associated with this specialty.
· Practice good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
· Assists in flight line foreign object prevention walks.
· Comply with Hazardous Waste Program.
· Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
· The Logs and Records Technician shall have a minimum of two years of experience (within the last five years) in the operation of records and reports as defined in the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2B.
· The Logs and Records Technician must have experience establishing procedures and files required for the operation of a records and reports section, including aircraft logs and records.
· Must possess or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
· Must be a US citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
· Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification activity is usually accomplished in an office environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office activities. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMEnts As May be Required for Job Specialty or as Directed by Management
· Driver License
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.