PAE, Inc Engineering Technician IV - EW Signals in Patuxent River, Maryland
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Engineering Technician IV - EW Signals
Duties and General Functions:
Engineering technicians perform one or more of the following functions. Applies engineering techniques, principles and precedents to develop, design, modify, install, test, evaluate, or operate electrical, electronic, avionics, mechanical, communications, stores, armament/ordnance, or related data processing systems for military weapon systems, associated support equipment or facilities, automotive or small craft. Maintains, repairs, inspects, troubleshoots, or programs equipment and components. Reviews, analyzes, develops, prepares or applies engineering, technical or maintenance specifications, policies, standards, or procedures. Organizes, analyzes, and prepares reports or presentation of technical data and information. Plans and performs tests and evaluations on systems, equipment or components. Compiles, processes, reduces, and analyzes test data and results. Operate and maintain marine propulsion (diesel/gasoline) and electrical/hydraulic systems; in both inland and open ocean boat operations of boats up to 100 feet. Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project. Selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts. Contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work. Reviews analysis, and integrates the technical work of others. Provides supervision and training to other technicians.
• Setup, operate, calibrate, and troubleshoot/maintain fixed/mobile radar & communication simulators supporting flight test operations.
• Verify simulator output including measurement of RF, PD, PRI, intrapulse/interpulse modulation, scan.
• Assist in design, development, modification, and testing of state-of-the-art Electronic Warfare equipment.
• Manage site security, communications, and coordination processes and procedures as required.
• Maintain the latest CM software and documentation related to government fixed/mobile radar & communication simulator assets.
• Manage a repository of software/configuration files/documents for EW assets
• Report software/hardware discrepancies
• Formally document & update operating processes procedures for ASAM Branch equipment
Other Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in performing the stated or similar job functions.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
• General knowledge of Radar/RF communications theory of operation, software/hardware components down to the component level.
• Experienced with antennas, high-power transmitters, receivers and RF signal sources technology required.
• Experienced with laboratory test equipment, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes required.
• Familiar with Intelligence Community standard file formats a plus.
• Knowledge of Test Range Operations a plus.
• Willing to flex work schedule and accommodate overtime as necessary to support mission flight test operations.
• Willing to travel to support flight test operations and equipment upgrades and/or troubleshooting of government deployed fixed/mobile radar & communication simulators.
• Linux/Unix OS and Ethernet/GPIB networking experience a plus.
• Successful completion of advanced armed services technical school curriculum; or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of courses at an accredited college, university, or technical school in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
• Formal Technical ELINT Signals Analysis training a plus.
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret security clearance
Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees.
Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.